Friday, February 8, 2008

8 months ago today...

I stepped off a plane, got my luggage, and walked outside the small airport onto the street in Nice, France - and there was this slender, chic woman, wearing a pretty sleeveless blouse, tight jeans, and adorable little worn-out shoes, with bright green eyes and wild, soft, brown hair spilling across her forhead and over her shoulders, framing her heart-shaped face and making her look even more petit by comparison, and this shy little smile (I had no idea that she was incredibly nervous) - this was the woman I'd been writing to, chatting with, heard her voice in a video recording (speaking French), even seen some pictures of (I thought she was cute)...but when she smiled at me, the most beautiful woman I could imagine, maybe I knew even then that my life was changing forever. Morgane, mon coeur, je t'adore.

1 comment:

Lemiin said...

After seven months of intense Internet, I was finally going to meet this man (american ! how crazy is that ??) to whom I had written to. With whom I had such a great complicity already.
An hour in the bus, shaking just at the thought of seeing him after all this time... I arrived at the airport on time, but had to wait half an hour in front of the door of the arrivals. Incapable of staying on a chair, incapable of staying on my feet.
...And then I recognised you immediatly. I recognised you. You were soooo tall and you were wearing your hat. I took you home and we talked all night. The only thing that I wanted was for you to be in my arms. I had waited for you. Only you.
Je t'aime, Mark.